By Nancy Penrose
So you want to get a tree planted in your landscape to gain the benefits of shade, beauty, temperature reduction and more. How do you select a tree nursery? What are the most important points to look for?
Both new and experienced gardeners rely upon a well-run and informative nursery for all their tree and landscaping needs. Picking a tree nursery that is reputable and has healthy zone appropriate trees can be the key to a successful landscaping project.
- They should have a wide selection of trees for you to look at. The selection should include privacy trees, fall colors trees, deciduous, evergreen, flowering, and specimen trees.
- They have both young and mature trees for you to choose from, and can transplant either from their nursery to your landscape, including large trees.
- They are knowledgeable about trees and can advise you on the best selection for your situation.
- They know and can advise you on what trees work best in your part of the country.
- They can tell you the size and growth rate of different trees, plus their preference in how much light and water they need.
- They have a good reputation in the community.
- Ideally they have a website that has information on a wide variety of trees, including pictures, plus info on size and growth rate, light and water needs, fall colors for deciduous trees, and flower characteristics.
Good luck on your tree planting projects.
Nancy Penrose is the owner of Big Trees Inc., located in Snohomish, WA in the Seattle area. The company is one of the largest tree nurseries in the Seattle area with over 120,000 trees available in over 300 varieties. They not only deliver young trees, but also mature trees in a wide range of sizes. Some types of trees available include spring flowering, deciduous, evergreen, and privacy trees. The company also does tree transplanting including large trees. Their blog can be seen at https://bigtreesupply.com/blog/ or https://arboristblog.com/. They can be reached at 360-563-2700.